Mahalo for sharing your thoughts about how to add new color to the ripple. I think it just boils down to one's preference, yeah? I think I'm gonna see how it looks either way - finishing off the last DC with the new color compared to starting clean but still crochet in the ends as I go.
Now onto a quick
I was able to come up with a simple, stitch design. However, it wouldn't really show up well as knitted fabric. So this past, three day weekend I dug out the Excel chart and started doodling another idea. I knitted it out but one part didn't come out as well as I had hoped. I then tinkered with that part to fix it.
It was last night that I was able to officially CO for "The Band of Five":
Yup, that lavender, scrap yarn is for the Provisional CO. I had tried Lucy Neatby's way the last time I had make this CO, but it was a little confusing figuring out which sts was which after the scrap yarn was taken off. This time around I tried Knitting Help's way but couldn't get the last minute twist right so I reverted back to Purl bee's way.
The first time I had used Purl bee's technique was some time ago and the very first time I had ever tried a Provisional CO. It was frustrating because it was hard to pick up sts via the purl bumps/butt of the crocheted chain. This time, I got smart and used my biggest hook, a J, to chain. Big difference! I was able to easily pick up the yarn through the bumps.
Madelinetosh Vintage in Smokestack is the variegated grey you see up there. It feels so darn good.
To see other WIPs, click over to Tami's.